no bake chocolate pb cookies
I have a deep love of chocolate. Deep deep love. Not so much sugary store bought chocolate, but more so my homemade chocolate cacao and coco based creations. I realized that I haven't posted any of my homemade chocolatey goodies, so here I am now finally sharing an old fav with you all. These oat-y, chocolate-y, coconut-y, peanut butter babies are so good and I love that you don't have to bake them. (I don't have AC, so I have no intentions of turning on the oven this summer.) Enjoy!
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Makes 8-10 cookies
1/2 cup quick cooking gf rolled oats
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
3 tablespoons coconut oil
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Melt coconut oil on stove on the lowest possible stove setting.
2. Add the peanut butter and gently whisk until melty.
3. Add the maple syrup, vanilla, salt still whisking on low.
4. Add cocoa powder, rolled oats, and shredded coconut. Stir with a wooden spoon.
5. Once fully combined and stirred, quickly remove from heat so as not to burn the chocolate.
6. Make cookie shapes by rolling tablespoon size balls and pressing them down gently with your fingers until flat.
7. Refrigerate for 30 mins to an hour before serving so they firm up.
I'm listening to Don't Matter to Me by Drake.