My ex has always had a thing for blueberry muffins. When we were together I took it upon myself to woo her with muffins, so I sought out to make the perfect blueberry muffin. I set the bar high: they had to be even better than her mom's muffins which she mentioned were her favorite.
I had to make them my way of course, which means gluten-free (so I can sneak a few bites) and refined sugar-free. After a few attempts, she was hooked. She loves these muffins so much. The response was so great that I still get requests for these babies today. She's lucky she's my best friend. ;)
Makes 8-10 muffins
1 ¾ cups oat flour
½ cup flax milk or alternative milk of your choice
½ cup coconut sugar
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons baking powder
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ teaspoon cinnamon
Pinch of salt
¾ cup frozen wild blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and stir.
3. Add flax milk, applesauce, vanilla, and lemon juice. Stir to combine.
4. Once everything is mixed together, add frozen blueberries and stir a few times until fully incorporated. Be careful not to over mix.
5. Scoop into a lined muffin pan and bake for 25 minutes or until the edges begin to brown.
I'm listening to You Know I'm No Good by Amy Winehouse.