luna's peanut butter cookies
I strongly believe that our pets should eat just as well as we do. Cooking and baking for the ones that I love makes me the happiest, so I set out to make the perfect dog treat for Luna. I wanted to use things from my pantry since store bought treats often have tons of hard to decipher ingredients. These cookies are only 3 ingredients and Luna is obsessed. It’s so cute. Mia and I will ask her “Luna do you want a cookie?” Her ears perk up, her tail starts wagging—she’s in full excited puppy mode until the cookie makes its way out of the fridge and into her mouth.
Luna's Peanut Butter Cookies
Makes approx 25 cookies
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup peanut butter (unsweetened, unsalted)
*optional pinch of cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Combine ingredients in a mixing bowl. I used my stand mixer as the peanut butter can be tough to work with.
3. Mix until coconut flour is fully incorporated
4. On a lightly coconut floured surface, remove the dough and roll out with a rolling pin until the dough is flat and one inch thick
5. Using a small cookie cutter, cut out the cookies and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. I used a small biscuit cutter like this
6. Bake for 15 minutes or until the edges of the cookies start browning
7. Let cool and serve to your adorable pup. I store these in an airtight container in the fridge to keep them fresh
I’m listening to I’ve Been Fine by TT